I have a tendency to divide things into categories. Which ones are "good"? Which ones are "bad"? Never mind what "good" and "bad" even mean...
It's been a difficult couple of months. Adams has had some health issues, and I've been adjusting to a lower dose of medication for anxiety. Writing and exercise have gone on the back burner. God is leading me to start again, over and over again. Thanks be to God.
Things going on in my life these days:
- meditating every day
- meeting with friends to write
- joining Chester Friends Meeting
- visiting friends in Newark and Boston
- thinking about visiting family in Europe this summer
- cooking more often, mainly Indian food
- typing up old journals and taking notes on other topics
Things to write about:
- threads from old journals: coming to faith, dealing with anxiety, generally growing up
- the year I went to Macedonia; a lot of seeds were planted
- devotional texts along the lines of Thomas Kelly or Marguerite Reiss
- social commentary
- poetry and short fiction
Gradually I'm learning to slow down and appreciate solitude, friendships, and the gifts God has given us.